Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Calm Before the Storm!

Well, as I sit here and write this blog, the weather channel is reporting the Winter Storm that is making it's way into the North East.  Yesterday was just a beautiful day and I had the opportunity to take some time and take 926GZ for a little ride.  It had been almost two months since my last flight in her and the butterflies were floating as I uncovered by baby.  Recently fitted with a new Sky Tech starter and Concord battery and the CHT gauge fixed there was a lot of new to experience.  Sitting in the Left Seat I was ready for some time.  The new starter makes just an amazing difference in the start of 926GZ.  She fired right up and within a few minutes were were ready to take the active.  Not a lot going on at South Jersey (KVAY) so it was easy to complete 4 nice take offs and landings.  The air was smooth and she just jumped right off the runway.  A little trip to the north allowed me to check the VOR's and make a nice turn back to come in on the 45 for one final landing.  It was amazing how much she just wanted to stay up in the air.  As I floated down the 3000' runway and taxied off I could see how much I enjoyed that ability and privilege of being a Private Pilot.  This year I've begun my studies to go for my Commercial Pilot's license.  Not that I want to fly commercially, but it forces me to learn some more.  This all works to just make me a better Pilot and that's what it is all about.  Well, that's all for now.  Have fun and fly safe everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Nowadays any one can get a Private Pilot License with proper training .Flying with air craft is an adventurous one .but the cost of getting Private Pilot License is very expensive .

    ReplyDelete